Faculty of Travel Medicine, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow Dean: Dr Michael E Jones
Established in 2006 and with over 200 members, the Faculty has grown to become one of the leading authorities in travel medicine.
The main purpose of Faculty is to ensure high standards of practice through assessment and continuing professional development. In doing so, it aims to:
- Provide an academic and professional home for travel medicine practitioners,
- Organise and support high quality continuing professional development,
- Collaborate with related societies, institutions and specialties,
- Represent the discipline regionally, nationally and internationally,
- Actively support the development of travel medicine within undergraduate curriculum, and
- Develop constructive relationships with the public and media.
Given the multidisciplinary approach of the field, the Faculty welcomes and encourages professionals across a wide range of disciplines to become involved. To find out how you can become a member of the Faculty, go to Joining the Faculty of Travel Medicine.
How We Operate (Goverance of the Faculty)
The Faculty’s activities are overseen by an Executive Board which meets four times annually.
(a) The President, Visitor and Honorary Secretary of the College;
(b) The Dean of the Faculty of Travel Medicine;
(c) The Vice-Dean or Dean Elect of the Faculty of Travel Medicine;
(d) The Secretary of the Faculty of Travel Medicine;
(e) Four Ordinary Members of the Executive Board;
(f) Two Members of the Board who are Associates of the Faculty.
Current Elected Board Members of the Faculty Dr Michael E Jones
The Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow
232-242 St Vincent
Tel 0141 221 6072